Army Maj. Judy Marlowe, a DINFOS Public Affairs and Communication Strategy Course instructor, discusses strategies related to communication planning, always basing them on command priorities.
She answers questions from viewers about:
- Streamlining efficiency while planning communication strategy
- Choosing a format for a communication plan
- Utilizing research, planning, implementation and evaluation (RPIE) to meet the needs of the command
- Persuading command of the importance of thorough communication plans
- Evaluating outcomes
- Deciding which issues need a communication plan
- Employing social listening
- Implementing a communication plan and tools to use
She repeatedly stresses that research should always drive the process.
This episode on DINFOS Live reminds public affairs professionals to let research and the commander's intent shape their communication.
A podcast version of this DINFOS Live episode is available on your favorite podcasting app or at DVIDS.