After you complete your research, you are ready to start action planning, and that means writing a goal. Setting a goal can be as nebulous as changing hearts and minds or as specific as increased engagement on social media channels. How you word your goal sets the stage for your objectives, strategies and tactics.
What is a goal?
- A one-sentence solution that solves the core problem or seizes an opportunity
- Reframes the problem into a broad, positive statement
- Relevant to command goals, but specific to communication strategy
What are some terms to avoid when writing your goal?
- Generate media coverage
- Create propaganda/materials
- Maintain (without a specific situational issue that threatens the ability to maintain)
Explore and compare how goals are written for different scenarios you may encounter in the field. No matter the scenario, reframe the problem statement positively and constructively in reference to the command's values.
Discover content by selecting individual tiles, or using the buttons across the top.
SCENARIOS FOR GOAL WRITING