When evaluating your social media campaign, you will be conducting three distinct phases known as the Three A's of the Evaluation Process:
- Analytics: Measuring the campaign's performance by collecting and analyzing data.
- Analysis: Asking questions to better understand what's working, what's not and where the public stands.
- Assessment: Applying the findings by making improvements and adjustments.
Effective evaluation is performed before, during and after a campaign. It is essential for social media managers overwatching campaigns to perform evaluations to ensure better chances of having a successful campaign. To better set yourself up for success, follow these best practices to evaluate your next social media campaign effectively.
- Set SMART objectives (specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time-bound).
- Establish a comparative baseline.
- Plan strategies that align with campaign objectives.
- Document how activities will lead to change.
- Stay consistent and continuous.
- Make the evaluation process iterative.
- Use all available resources.
Dive deeper into each best practice below to understand how to apply it when assessing and evaluating a social media campaign.
Discover content by selecting individual tiles, or using the buttons across the top.
Campaign Assessment Methods