Follow these tips to take a professional full-length photo of your subject:
- Set up the shot to frame the subject from at least 2 inches above the top of the head to below the feet, with enough room to crop the image to various sizes.
- Place subject at a 45 degree angle in a natural pose at the position of attention and have the subject turn their head to face the camera.
- Select the background governed by your service’s regulations. In some cases this may be the American flag, a service or unit flag, or a light-colored background.
- Set the camera height to be level with the subject’s waist to prevent distortion.
- Set the camera aperture to at least f/8 to ensure proper depth of field.
When in the studio, use the infographic below as a quick reference.